So, a few interesting things that have happened since I last posted one of these recaps (which was a huge amount of time ago), both book related and blog related. Let’s recap!
After a pretty dodgy (well, REALLY dodgy) May, in which I got really lazy and posted three posts, I’ve decided to crack down and start to post way more, and June was a testament of that – with 9 posts, each one more or less three days apart (I think I missed a few days which is why it’s 9 and not 10). It also helps that I’ve been on holidays recently, but I’m not sure about how it’ll go when school starts again.
Here are the posts in chronological order (all links open in new tabs):
You might have also noticed that the last post there (How to Turbo-Charge Your Book Reviews) had a slightly different graphic – same style, but basically just stretched – and the main reason for this is because I’ve recently discovered the magic of Pinterest. And the Pinterest God demands images that are long and stretched, otherwise he will come down and stab you with this Pinteresty sword.
So from now on, any post that I intend to promote on Pinterest (most of these will be How-Tos or Discussions posts) will have graphics that are more compatible with Pinterest. (Btw, you should follow me. #ShamelessPromotion)
Ooooh this is where things get interesting.
So two things.
I redesigned a blog!
As in a blog that isn’t my own! My friend Sarah over at Written Word Worlds has wanted to redesign her blog for ages, and I was just in a really designing mood so I though, heck, let’s do this. And we did! I worked together with Sarah to ask her what sort of style she wanted, what sort of colour palette, etc. And we came up with this:
Of course, there are a few ornaments as well, such as:
So yeah, I’m really happy with the job I did there. Thoughts? Opinions? Likes? Dislikes?
I met Jay Kristoff
So I went to an author’s workshop with Jay Kristoff (author of Illuminae? Anyone?) last week on Building and Destroying Worlds and it was just so incredibly informative. Here’s a picture:
So yeah. You guys should buy Illuminae.
- I’m personally not a fan of ACOTAR, but who can pass up a chance to snap up one of Aentee’s wallpapers?
- How to combat Blogger Envy from Reg over at She Latitude – not that I have anything against green eyes.
- Cait @ Paperfury releases two posts(One and Two) about 2016 YA books you need to read right now (HOW ARE YOU SO INFORMED???)
- An exclusive interview with Morgan Matson from Sarah over at Written Word Worlds (plus, the questions are so good)
- Mitchii over at RainyInk talks blogging, and how she keeps herself motivated.
- Alexandra over at Twirling Pages has a HUGE haul that you should probably read for inspiration. TBR inspiration, obviously.
What about you? What did you get up to this month? Have you been reading anything interesting? Did you go to any events? LET ME KNOW BELOW!