1. You refer to your librarian as your “dealer”
2. Finishing your book matters more than being awake and fully functioning.
3. You wince when you accidentally drop a book.
4. When you go out to buy a new bag, the deciding factor is whether or not it can hold all your books.
5. You take a book whenever going anywhere, and then another “just in case”.
6. You care more about the Kindle VS Paperback fight than the Katy Perry VS Taylor Swift rivalry.
7. When you’ve just finished a book and haven’t started a new one, you feel lost.
8. You have very strong feelings about dog eared pages, cracked spines, writing in books and the piece of booger on page 93.
9. People don’t buy you books anymore because they know that there’s a high change you’ve read them. Instead, they get you vouchers.
10. When you get a request for advice from someone, you usually just “recommend” a book.
11. When you’re thinking of starting a new project, you always read heaps of books about it first.
12. You buy books at the bookstore because they “looked lonely”.
13. You always win at Jenga from your experience at stacking books on your bedside table.
14. Your mood depends on what part of a book you’re up to.2
15. The clear window in your wallet shows your library membership card and not your driver’s licence.
16. You like long flights because they’re the perfect excuse to read.
17. You ration your reading when you know that a book is the last in a series and the next one isn’t coming out until next year.
18. You compare your real life relationship to your OTP.