Hi Guys! I’ve decided to do something a little different today. I know, shocking of me. Readers be like
Anyway, you can blame it all on magical beings over at The Fiction Fairy for nominating me for the Liebster Award (thanks!). You should go check out their blog, it’s quite good. Anyway back to the Liebster Award. By the way, does anybody, by some chance know how to pronounce this? Is it leeb-ster or lib-ster or lee-eb-ster or lieb-ster or lie-eb-ster or i-dunno-ster? I give up.
The Liebster Award is an award given to small blogs to get recognition and bring the blogging community closer together. So basically, the rules are (and I spent like an hour and a half in photoshop making this, which is why it has the watermark on it):
And also, by the way, you can click on that image to see it Hi-Res if you can’t read the rules. So with no further ado, I introduce… the questions.
1. What is your favorite childhood or middle grade book/series?
Anything by Enid Blyton, especially The Magic Faraway Tree series. Oh God, that brings back memories of me sitting in a huge chair with this huge green book reading about characters called “Moonface” and “The Sauce-Pan Man”. Oh, and don’t forget the dreaded Dame Washalot. *shudder* I used to be so scared that I would walk under a tree one day and be soaked with dirty, soapy, cold water.
2. What’s the most beautiful book on your bookshelf?
Hmmm, I think there are a few, but Pieces of Sky… Just wow. And Sisters Red. Both are so so pretty I actually display them proudly, like awards or something. When visitors come over: “Hey, LOOK AT THESE BOOKS AND THE MAGNIFICENT COVERS. LOOOOOOOOOOOK.”
3. If you could turn any book/series into a movie or tv show, which would you choose?
Ever since I read The Rosie Project (which was like yesterday, even though I’m making it sound like I read it last year), I have just been waiting. And waiting. And waiting. For the movie. Like, are you kidding me it’s Jennifer Lawrence (my favourite actress) and Richard Linklater (my favourite director). How dare you make me wait!?!?
4. If you could switch bodies with a fictional character for a day (live through their eyes), which character would you choose?
Katniss Everdeen! Nah, just kidding. I’d probably do a John Green and get myself killed or something. Harry Potter. Just, you know, without the dementors and stuff. Just a typical day in the life of a wizard at Hogwarts. Actually, it doesn’t have to specifically be Harry Potter. It would probably be better if it wasn’t Harry Potter.
5. Write the first character that comes to mind with a name that starts with “C” and describe if you like them or not.
So the first word that came to mind when I see the word “C” and Carrie, and I don’t know any characters named Carrie. So let’s go with the second one: Cheshire Cat. The Cheshire Cat used to scare the socks off me when I was younger. Like those teeth and that mouth. *shudder*
6. What book are you currently reading? Do you like it so far?
Well, I was reading one of James Patterson’s Maximum Ride books (last book in the series, Nevermore) but I finished it, got on here intending to do a review and then got sidetracked. It was pretty good. A little boring at the start and confusing because I read the other ones so long ago, but it got better as it went along. Get ready for a review soon.
7. Name one book you would love to get signed.
Oh my God, SOMEBODY GET ME A SIGNED COPY OF THE FAULT IN OUR STARS.
8. If you could get your hands on an ARC (advanced reader copy) for ANY book coming out in the future, which would you choose?
Ok. So I read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss a while ago (it’s like the 2nd or 3rd highest rated book on Goodreads ever) and then I read the second one, The Wise Man’s Fear but I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THE THIRD BOOK IT ISN’T EVEN FUNNY ANYMORE. He has a manuscript. He’s read through it like 50 billion times. He’s edited it. SO WHAT IS HE WAITING FOR???
9. If you could keep any animal/pet from a book as a pet in real life, which would you choose?
I really want a dæmon. Like, spirit animal thingy from His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman. That would be so cool.
10. What is one of your worst bookish habits?
No matter what I do, I simply cannot stop dog-earing books. I know. I can hear the gasps of betrayal while I type. But, you know, I spend like 10 dollars on a wooden bookmark with tassels and then, it goes missing and I have no choice but to do-ear. I’m so sorry 😭😭😭
11. What was your favorite book that you read this summer?
The Rosie Project all the way!
11 Facts About Me
- I love anime and manga.
- I am guiltily addicted to reality TV shows.
- I know a little bit of website coding (HTML and CSS)
- I watched Jaws at the age of 3 and I now hate sharks and open water.
- I’m good at Photoshop.
- I write as well as reading.
- I speak 2 languages fluently, and 3 languages ok-ish.
- My favourite subjects are English and Art.
- My favourite season is Autumn. Summer = too hot. Winter = too cold. Spring = hay fever.
- I like sushi.
- But I suck at cooking.
My 11 Questions:
- Why did you start your blog?
- Do you ever have trouble writing posts or maintaining your social media accounts?
- Procrastination. Need I say more? GIVE ME YOUR BALLISTIC RANT ON PROCRASTINATION.
- Any book recommendations?
- A book that has made you cry – like, legit cry.
- A book that has made you laugh so much you cry – like, legit cry.
- Favourite author?
- Biggest book peeve?
- How many books do you read a month, on average?
- Do you write?
- What’s your hidden talent?